In 1860, Johann Stanislaus Nepomuk Kühn, a goldsmith from Vienna, founded a silversmith manufacture in the heart of the old Staufercity Schwäbisch Gmünd. 1886 – about 26 Years later, his sons Emil and Gustav took over the manufacture and gave the company the name Gebrüder Kühn. Fast the business became a flourishing company which products had the typical unicorn hallmark – the heraldic animal from Schwäbisch Gmünd. In 1984, Sonja Quandt became owner of the silver workshop and moved the company in the city quarter named Strassdorf. Since then, silver goods are produced with its own understanding of luxury for the whole world.